Features and Benefits of Berkey® Purification Systems
Why are Berkey® water purifiers the benchmark in gravity fed water purification? It’s simple- they remove viruses, harmful pathogenic bacteria, cysts, parasites, unhealthy contaminants and impurities to below detectable levels, while leaving in the essential minerals your body needs. The result is the most healthful, delicious water available, from your Berkey water purifier.
Berkey® water purifiers can easily purify ordinary tap water, yet are powerful enough to efficiently purify raw, untreated water from sources such as remote lakes and streams. In the event of natural disasters and emergencies when treated water may not be available, your Berkey® water purifier is essential.
Berkey® water purifiers are the most economical water purification system you can own. The long life of the Berkey®Purification elements allows you to enjoy purified water at a very low cost compared to that of bottled water!
CONVENIENT AND PORTABLE
Berkey® systems are easy to assemble and operate without tools, electricity, water pressure or plumbing. When traveling, or if space is limited, the top and bottom chambers of the Berkey® water purifier nest within each other for easy transport.
Our independent lab results speak for themselves and proves that the Berkey® water purifier is the best gravity-fed water purifier on the market. Click here to view how the test results for our Black Berkey® filter elements exceed expectations for gravity purification.
About Berkey® Water Purifiers
- Berkey® water purifiers are the world’s most powerful and cost effective personal water purification systems, providing reliable and user-friendly water purification in both normal and hostile filtration environments.
- Moreover, Berkey® water filter systems are capable of purifying both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. So powerful, this water filter system is able to remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. A Berkey water purifier is perfect for everyday home use and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
- Berkey® Natural Purification Systems are the ultimate in water purification and the ideal personal protection and traveling companions. These water filters are used worldwide for normal, hostile and emergency environments to provide the purest, sparkling clean water possible…
- For generations, health-conscious people around the world have recognized that the foundation to a healthy life and healthy body is clean, fresh drinking water. This important essential element is the basis for enjoying your longest, healthiest life. No amount of vitamins or supplements can substitute for the vital life-sustaining properties found in nourishing, healthful drinking water. It is truly the foundation of life and can be provided by your Berkey® water purifier.
- Unfortunately, securing your access to good tasting, sparkling, wholesome drinking water can be harder than you might expect. Water is often laced with chlorine, lead, high levels of harmful bacteria, and other unwanted chemicals and contaminants. Frequently these produce unpleasant tastes and odors. Even bottled water can contain these same contaminants, and moreover it is very expensive. Many water filters on the market are inferior. Most water filters do not remove pathogenic bacteria and many remove the beneficial minerals that your body needs.
- Perhaps that’s why Berkey® Water Purifiers have long been recognized as the world’s ultimate in water purification. This simple, highly effective method of using gravity was developed almost 200 years ago… yet it still produces some of the finest, most healthful drinking water available.
Make an Informed Decision on the Quality of Your Drinking Water
We at New Millennium Concepts, Ltd. want you to be educated about water purification. This will allow you to make an informed decision on something as important as the quality of your drinking water. Since water filtration is a complex science, we try to use familiar terms when possible so the explanation is easier to understand. Several methodologies are used to produce the Black Berkey® purification elements.
The first line of defense is that Berkey® purification elements are composed of a proprietary formulation of more than six different media types, all constructed into a very compact matrix containing millions of microscopic pores. These pores are so small that they produce what we refer to as a “Tortuous Path” that pathogenic bacteria, cysts, parasites, herbicides, pesticides, organic solvents, VOC’s, detergents, cloudiness, silt, sediment and sedimentary minerals, foul tastes and odors must travel through. These paths are so small that these pollutants physically cannot pass through them and become trapped, eliminating them from your drinking water. This process is known as microfiltration.
Secondly, our media formulation uses unique adsorption and absorption properties. Adsorption works to create an ionic barrier similar to surface tension. This barrier is perfectly suited to the micro-porous water filter because it effectively allows the tiny pores to block water contaminants that are smaller than the pore size itself. This blocking process is how the Berkey® water filter is able to remove submicron viruses that other brands of water filters cannot, without the use of obnoxious chemicals like iodine or chlorine. Next, the heavy metals ions (mineral molecules) such as cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, aluminum, and other dangerous heavy metals are extracted from the water through an Ion exchange process where they are attracted to and transformed by electrically bonding to the media.
Finally, Berkey® systems are so effective at removing contaminants from water because of the extremely long “contact period”. Other filtration systems rely on water pressure that forces water molecules through the elements at 60-90 PSI. These water molecules come into contact with the filter media for a mere fraction of a second. By comparison, water molecules passing through the structure of the Black Berkey®elements are drawn gently by gravity and stay in contact with the media for a long period of time. This allows the filter media to be more efficient in capturing contaminants. This advanced technology was developed, refined, and proven through years of diligent, investigative research and testing performed by water purification specialists, researchers, and engineers. The flow rate or time of exposure through the Black Berkey® purification elements has been calculated to yield the greatest volume of removal of viruses, toxic chemicals, and bacteria.
The Finest Water Purifiers Available
As you can see, the Black Berkey® purification elements combine the age-old process of micro-porous filtration with state-of-the-art technology and the highest quality materials to bring you the finest water purification system available anywhere.
Which Berkey® Water Purifier To Choose
|Berkey Water Purifier||Storage Capacity||Flow */hour with 2 Filter Elements||Fully Expanded Flow*/hour||Number of People|
*Flow rates are for Black Berkey Filters, calculated with upper chamber full to top.
Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
ADW Group (Pty) Ltd – Brands/Links:
IQAir Air Purifiers – HealthPro® Air Purifiers imported from Switzerland.
BatteryPulse – Lead-Acid battery maintenance systems, extending the life of all lead-acid battery types by 3-5 times.
ECOtanka Stainless Steel Drink Bottles – High quality stainless steel drink bottles with BPA-free lids.
PRI Advanced Fuel Treatments – Petrol and diesel stabilisers imported from the USA.
Custom Wood Moulding – MDF Profiled skirtings and Dado Rails.
Designer Cutting Boards – Hardwood cutting boards and butcher blocks.